Crawl Space Encapsulation in Charleston, SC.
Maintaining a good, safe home starts in the crawl space. While few homeowners brave this space, ensuring your crawl space doesn’t have excess moisture, mold, or mildew can save you hundreds of dollars, plus prevent health issues.
Problems that can occur underneath your home include:
- Leaking plumbing lines: Plumbing lines can deteriorate over time or be jostled out of place, leading to a leak.
- Damaged ductwork: Many things can go wrong with AC ducts, from normal wear and tear to rodent infestations to increased condensation.
- Termite activity: If there’s no barrier blocking them, termites will begin eating through the wooden supports of your home.
- Rodent nests: Batt roll insulation is commonly used underneath homes, and it makes a great rodent nest.
What is Crawl Space Encapsulation?
Crawl space encapsulation is the process of sealing off your crawl space from the outside environment. This is done by installing a vapor barrier on the floor and walls of the crawl space, as well as insulation and a dehumidifier.
While it’s easy for moisture to collect under your home, it’s just as easy to eliminate the problem with our crawl space encapsulation. This is the most effective and cost-efficient way to seal off your crawl space and prevent future issues from occurring.
Our service includes:
- Installation of a high-grade liner that’s anchored to the ground and seam-taped together.
- More liner wrapped around support beams and the foundation walls.
- Foam boards and spray foam to seal ventilation openings.
- A dehumidifier to remove moisture from the air.
- A weather station so you can monitor conditions in your crawl space.
Image of a Crawl Space Encapsulation job completed by Anchor Environmental
How Moisture Collects in the Crawl Space
Water can come into your crawl space in a variety of ways, such as a water line malfunction, leaking vent wells, cracks in the foundation, and clogged drains. The cause can also be as simple as hot, humid weather. As the warm air rises and passes through the subfloor, the moisture in the air collects inside the insulation, joists, and on the bottom of the subfloor.
Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation
It might be out of sight, but your crawl space should never be out of mind, as it actually impacts your day-to-day life.
When the space is properly sealed, you’ll notice benefits such as:
- Lower energy bill.
- Fewer mold spores and allergens.
- Protection from pests, including termites.
- Longer lasting flooring.
- Better structural integrity.
See Results with Our Satisfaction Guarantee
As homeowners ourselves, we know that crawl space encapsulation really works—we’ve seen the results! We want you to be just as confident, which is why our services come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not completely satisfied after our work, let us know and we’ll return free of charge to make things right!
Same-Day Service for Fast Results
When it’s the dead of winter or the heart of summer, your home isn’t as comfortable as it could be. That’s because heat is easily exchanged through the subflooring, leaving you either too cold or too hot. Fix the problem fast with our same-day appointments in Charleston and the surrounding areas! When you call before noon, we’ll be there the same day to start the encapsulation process.
Get a free estimate
"*" indicates required fields